View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Michele22
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
That's the thing. I think even within the types there are even more severe deformities.
The most fatal form of type II presents with enumerable fractures early in the second trimester. These babies usually self abort. But there are type II that present with fractures into the third trimester.

It looks like this is not necessarily about the different nuances about OI types but more about its a fatal inutero diagnosis and how April is handling the termination/induced labor and why God allows these things to happen.

Meredith's patient had an explanation as to why she drove off the bridge.

With April's situation, there really is just no answer spiritually just a medical answer that the genes mutated.
I agree, April was conflicted because she couldn't understand why things go wrong even if you do everything right. Meredith found the answer to what caused the patient's episode, yet April doesn't have an answer to why this is happening to her and her baby. Her question is why would God give someone a family and then allow bad things to happen? I am not sure how that fits in with 11x07 when she said that "We don't get to know all the answers". It also goes with the 9x19 patient when April asks why God would put 2 people together, allow them to fall in love and the rip them apart. That was in reference to the woman who died after childbirth. I suppose now she will want all the answers she can get in terms of diagnosis.