View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Michele22
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
I would actually be interested in that story. To see April overcome this with Jackson's support. I mean judging by last night's episode, I don't think it's fair to prejudge the storyline because that was some compelling stuff IMO.
I agree, it was a compelling episode last night. April's reaction was natural. She found out her baby has a potentially fatal illness, she spent that whole night researching it and pulling case studies none of which had a positive outcome (for type 2). Jackson seemed more hopeful that there is possibility that their baby doesn't have this form and wants them to hold on to that hope until they find out more. April responds by not wanting to talk to him and putting her energy into caring for people that she can treat and fix. This is what I had thought was going to happen. But for that to carry on into episode 15 and beyond into the latter half of the season, will become tiresome and boring to me. There is a lot more compelling material to work with if the baby lives. They go through whether or not to terminate, they decide to wait, Arizona finds some stem cell therapy, they try it, there is worry whether the treatment works or not, they may have to try something else, may 2-3 treatments. Herman tried 2-3 different trials and now Amelia's plan. So it may take many tries for Baby A as well. Once the baby is born, there will be conflicts on how to raise it, stemming from the episode where they disagree on how to care for the deaf child. If the baby dies in 11, I just don't see the potential.