View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Michele22
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
They are certainly presenting it as no hope fatal type II or severe with type III with countless surgeries in store.

We had all thought that if it was type III, the gene therapy/stem cell treatments that have been tried and have shown to practically allow these children to go fracture free and growth rates to be good.

We will see.

But given the quality of the writing and acting last night I am game for anything.
Whatever happens is beyond my control, I would just prefer to see the baby lives as I feel there is a more "beautiful" story to be told there. Baseline of the story is a doctor of faith who is conflicted between the science and the religious decision to carry the child to term or terminate. I do believe there is a secondary layer to this and that would be discovering new and advanced medical treatments for OI. While all of this goes on, there is still the relationship between April and Jackson. April pushing Jackson away, refusing to believe the baby has type 2, putting all her energy into her work and Jackson's frustrations with wanting to help her in his own way and wanting to make decisions as a team. We will see them finding out what it means to be Avery's as well as growing up in a way that is beautiful. While many of these issues can be done whether the baby lives or dies, I feel like the importance of OI awareness cannot be raised if the baby dies, therefore there is more an interesting story if the baby lives. If the baby dies in episode 11, we get 12-14 of April being absent, upon her return, I have no doubts that we would continue to see a ravaged April shutting out Jackson and lashing out at others, it's not a compelling story I'd like to see and that doesn't seem beautiful to me either.