View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 03:52 AM
naturellebella
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I loved Liz being sassy with Kai before he saved her He could have killed her immediately afterwards out of spite so it wasn't that smart but still funny.

Damon pissed me off when he made Caroline feel worse after he killed Colin But at least he figured out a way to save Liz.

I don't think it was the way he was grieving that was an issue but that he didn't have the decency to send her at least one text message to let her know he was still alive. He ended their friendship without a word and that hurt. How would she know he wanted space if he didn't bother to communicate with her and was lying? Caroline is pushy and meddles when she shouldn't so what else would you expect from her? It can be annoying, ngl

Interesting point about the merge of souls. Just watch the writers use this to redeem Kai the supposedly irredeemable villain to keep him around. If I had to choose I'd take him over Enzo though tbh.

That would have been the perfect way to make Caroline reach a breaking point. She's so good at controlling her grief and trauma that it would take a lot to really really push her over the edge. But I'm glad Liz lived because I don't trust these writers to writer a proper dark, guilt arc for Caroline and because it would have been so cruel I don't know how Caroline would be able to forgive herself.
Not sending her one text message to let her know what was going on with him was part of his grieving though. His whole way of doing things was starting a new life and attempting to dump all the ties to his previous life. Stefan felt if he actually talked to Caroline, she would be supporting and make him want to stay in MF and he didn't want that. Is it something I would do? No. Is that fair to Caroline and the friends he made in Mystic Falls? Probably not. However, he just couldn't deal with that life anymore after losing Damon. He wanted to start fresh, pretend it never happened, make a new life. Remember, apparently he does it all the time. He's used to it and with Damon's death he had an even stronger reason to do it.

It wasn't the best way to handle things but it's not like he knew Caroline had the extra layer of possibly being in love with him as to why she was double-y hurt by what he did. That's on Caroline and yet she felt like she wanted to put the blame all on Stefan because "if I don't hate you for ruining our friendship, then I have to hate myself for ruining it, and I think that I deserve better than that. " I don't think that's really fair. I think it's on both of them.

Ugh, I wish they would just keep Kai as the sociopath that he is. Not every villain needs redeeming. Some villains are just villains.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)