View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 PM
ILuvMyThesaurus
Loyal Fan

Glad I didn't drive anyone away.

Don't worry about it Icicle. Just feel better! We could wait and do the brand discussion until next week if that would work better for everyone. I'm having fun just discussing whatever tonight.

Did we lose Lemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
You didn't drive me off. I got completely distracted watching Stephen Amell play "Name That Thing" on Kimmel. FYI: I killed the game better than the contestants and host. Hehe. I'm actually trying to write up a piece on my fascination with the brand.

Thanks for understanding--plus the super kind words. Those always give me a boost to keep working on the story. I won't leave Charloe for good; I'll still read the stories, do book club, the rewatch, and help out any and all writers who want my help. But I tend to have a singular focus when I'm working on a story simply because I have to completely submerge my mind in that world. So it's been nearly a year since I've worked on my own original works; and since that requires literally from-the-ground-up world building I have to totally absorb myself in that world so I don't screw them up. I wish I could be more like Lemon and write endless stories at the same time, but I can't. Not to say that I don't get news ideas and I don't have them "fermenting" in the back of mind while focusing on a particular one.

whynot is pulling back because she doesn't feel she has any new ways of writing Charloe without changing them from the characters they are. I've encouraged her to think about AUs. I'm not sure if she will. She made it sound like she may come back but she was going to take a break.

As for Connor, I know she said she wouldn't kill him...though "Sins" seems like a perfectly constructed excuse to kill him. I'm okay with his death as I am with Rachel's. I'm okay with a two-for.
I have no idea what 'Name that Thing' is...living overseas for years really cuts a person off from pop-culture. I'm obviously back in the US now, but I'm still so behind. There are so many actors/shows/movies I'm completely clueless about. I also don't really watch TV anymore other than the BBC international news. I'm quite boring these days. I don't trust TV shows or networks anymore. What shows are you all enjoying? Perhaps I'll tune into some on Netflix when they've had five or 6 seasons.

I'm a bit like Lemon in that I write/work on numerous stories at once. However, that's where the similarities end, as she posts continuously and quite promptly, whereas I sit and stare at my work and have issues with posting at all. Plus, I write a lot in RL and I get burned out on it.

I understand wanting to work on your original work, and I wish you luck with it! Just don't leave us and think of writing a one-shot once in awhile to spoil us with your talent.

Such a bummer about whynotitsfun, as she's amazing at Charloe and so creative. I really hope she takes your advice about AUs, but understand if she needs a break. She's written so much...just like Lemon. I'm in awe of how prolific Lemon and Whynot are...

Connor...still hate him. Some fics have done a really good job of making him interesting (far better than the show ever did, he really had no purpose), and likeable. That really shows your talent, as I just tend to ignore both Connor and Rachel in my fic. He just doesn't usually exist and Rachel is just conveniently gone (or dead).