View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 AM
ds44
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
I mean Peyton believed a random guy on her doorstep was her brother and he almost killed her. Lucas does something in a couple episodes that risks his own life for a not worthy enough cause in grand scheme of things, Rachel releases the time capsule that ultimately led to Jimmy coming into the school with the gun and shooting Peyton and himself before Dan shoots Keith, Rachel then drunkenly steals a limo and nearly kills herself, Nathan's uncle, and Nathan himself, (Lets be honest I could go on for days with Rachel alone), Keith chooses to drink before he drives himself and Lucas to pick up Karen at the airport almost killing Lucas, Deb chooses to take pills to keep her pain away and becomes a life-threatening addict......Moral of the story it's a teen soap opera and even the adults are making stupid mistakes.

I'm not saying I was sitting there rooting Nathan on, of course not. I was screaming don't do it you idiot! And I certainly don't like what resulted of it all. But at the same time I get why he felt that was his only option. I do wish he had gone back to his dad and explained the Dante thing one more time and tried it that way because then SURELY Dan would have helped but again not sure Nathan realized the severity of the situation. BTW I always wondered in this storyline why Karen didn't offer Haley a loan instead of just more hours of work? I get Karen isn't rich or anything but with TRIC and the diner I always figured she did okay for herself by this point in the show.
This is a teen soap, but what Nathan did was actually engage in criminal behaviour that landed others in jail. It was stupid and callous. Not the end of the world, but still worthy of being called out for. His heart was in the right place, but its not exactly comparable to Peyton's naivitee.