View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 01:05 PM
tender looks
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Also, Giles and Buffy speaking at the end. He loves her and respects her and forgives her because he is her dad. He is her dad and she is his girl and it's his job to forgive her. Lastly, Buffy and Joyce watching the old movie and Buffy just letting the candle burn. She still has her innocence but she is no longer a child.
I have so much love for that scene between Buffy and Giles, he was every inch the supportive and understanding father figure. I love the positive message Giles words to her sent to the audience as well - that all she did was have sex with someone she loved who loved her back, and it wasn't a wrong or bad thing to do. He didn't shame her at all and told her she still and always would have his respect. It was wonderful. And I also really love the Buffy and Joyce scene, Joyce's actions here made up for some of her questionable behavior in previous episodes IMO. She just sensed that something had changed in Buffy, that something was wrong and she was hurting, but she didn't push or pry. She was just present and quietly supportive without demanding answers. These ending scenes with both of Buffy's parental figures really topped off an incredible episode.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote