View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
LOL, I loved that your friends were having mental breakdowns via social media. I still recall how angry I was after watching that CS. I was in denial for weeks. I wanted to move on but everytime I come here, I'm reminded of how terrible it ended for our ship and I get sad and angry all over again. I stopped reading fics and wanted to feel my pain. In fact I stopped reading fics for all my other fandoms because I wasn't in the mood to be happy or live in an alternate universe. I was in hell and I want to live it. Nothing was going to go right for me and only when I accept everything that has happened will I be able to move on. I can't believe I have so many emotions for fictional characters, tbh.

Coming into S4, I was scared. I knew that they had to show us reactions and was nervous and anxious to see how Mary was. But they hit the mark with her grief and anger. There was even a point in that ep where Mary was talking to Robert and she mentioned Matthew and she suddenly stopped and stared off in space recalling that moment.

On the side, this is still the only (dead) ship I care so much about that I write paragraphs and paragraphs about.
Oh, yes, you better believe they were. My Facebook and Twitter feeds were blowing up! lol!

I absolutely 100% know what you mean. I walked around like a death had occurred in my family for a good few days. And I'm still sad when I think about it. It's horribly tragic and unfair. But...it shows how magnificent M&M were. If I wasn't this distraught they wouldn't have been the strong power couple that I adored.

courtneybangelcakes: Your grandma is my spirit animal. Also, Julian spoke to that in a Hollywood Reporter interview. He said that because Sybil's death was an entire episode and so emotionally draining they didn't want to put the audience through that again only a few episodes later. So they chose to make the death sudden and short, much like death is for real. It comes out of nowhere and it leaves you shocked/angry/confused.