View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
S3 would have been the perfect ending except for that last part and Matthew drives off to tell Isobel and the rest of the family and he's home safe. The funny thing was, how common were car accidents back then? It would've been so careless of Matthew (and the other driver) to not see each other in that not-so busy road.

That would suck for me if I saw any of that before I watched the ep. I remember seeing a trailer of Matthew riding that car prior to watching the CS and I knew from seeing it that he dies in a car crash. I don't read spoilers, I like the element of surprise, but that time I was on Tumblr a lot and I got spoiled there so I'm kind of wary checking that site now.

I'm glad we get to see everyone's reactions in S4 even after that small time jump (6 months). Isobel & Mary were obviously still grieving. And Mary, wow. She lashed out at Carson, stormed off during dinner & only wanted to wear black. It was like she was feeling what all of us were feeling and I loved it.
I can't argue with that. It would've been a lovely ending to the show.

I thought the same things about car wrecks! I was like, "Really? REALLY?!?" I didn't read spoilers, I just had friends who watched and were posting clips and screenshots and basically having mental breakdowns via social media. I understand their pain. But now they've moved on & I'm the crazy mourner. lol.

I loved Mary's reaction even though it broke my heart. It was exactly how I felt. I was so somber and angry the first few episodes of S4. Mary was the audience, in a sense. Absolutely.