View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 11:59 AM
JustAFriend
Dedicated Fan

Ok. After a good sleep I think I've come to a conclusion.

I can't keep doing that thing where I cling on to a small shred of hope based on a vague tweet or comment from the writers, only to be let down later. It's too exhausting. I can't do this for another 3 months, let alone 2 more years.

I feel like, if I do continue to watch, I need to do it in a bit of a vacuum. I need to get off twitter and stop hunting for hints of what's to come. Basically, just watch the show without being so involved with the show.

I'd still be around to discuss stuff, but I can't be so attached anymore. It's too draining.

So as of January 6th, I become a casual fan.

Aw, peppermint, Your Christmas Tree comment just made me all sad. The universe is really piling it on.

Hugs all around.

The fan war crap is also draining and upsetting and another reason I want to distance myself. To see so much negativity floating around is a real downer and I'm just tired of having it in my face all the time. I'm not going to say the Paily fandom is without its own faults, I've seen comments I thought were uncalled for (though usually made out of frustration), but the mean spirited memes, harassing and hateful comments on every single photo, the dismissive mocking of fans,...I don't care if this is "just a tv show"...it's all unnecessary and I'm clearly of an age that has little tolerance for it.

Sigh...anyway...I wish I could find something else to grab my interest so I could focus on that rather than this crummy situation.