View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 02:15 PM
begonia
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
I really think that Jo has proven herself to be his person. No one has been more in his corner or more supportive of Alex than Jo. Not Izzie, not Cristina and not even Mer.
I was referring more to an outside-the-couple person for Alex, like it is presented in Grey's, to be able to talk to someone even when there are disagreements within the couple, like Mer is venting now to Alex about her issues with Derek.

I also feel Jo is more supportive than Izzie was, but if we consider the whole series(because of the Izzie mention), it is fair to remember that Mer was a great friend in the first seasons: she helped Alex study for the practical board when nobody else was even talking to him and later invited him to move into her house.

For Alex, Mer is family ( his other friends too in a way) and I find this relationship/s to be very important to Alex as he is coming from a broken family. I feel he would now have the exact same speech Mer had to the other interns, in S2, when Izzie found she was helping Alex study for the boards.: "As far as family goes,[...], you guys are it. So, I know you're pissed at Alex, but, maybe you could try to help him anyway.".Sure, Mer should be less selfish and more considerate towards Alex lately, but I totally get where Alex is coming from regarding his support for Mer.

I don't know why Alex's friendship with Jackson was abandoned, they were friends for a few seasons and I liked them together.

Alex's SL that pissed me off the most in 11A was him being fired form the PP job - being fired is not something anyone would want in his/her career and Alex is a good doctor who worked very hard and didn't deserved to be fired at all. I can deal better with the board seat SL - Alex is a good doctor and in a few years will became an exceptional one and I could hope that he will be chosen next time there will be a spot available(if he will still be interested).