View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:12 PM
kiss the wind
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just dropping in to say hi and that I miss you all.

I haven't been paying much attention to the show since the middle of 4B (although I did, of course, catch 419). But I haven't watched any of s5 (p much only seen Paily stuff in gifs). It's unfortunate, but not surprising, that they are writing Paige off the show. They really have no reason too except for ~drama~, but it's not like they were fully utilizing Lindsey anyway. MK and co. will never give Emily and any gf she has as much love as they will for the straight ships (which is ironic considering MK and some of the other writers are part of the LGBT community). Also wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the fact that all of the other ships are white couples (bc lbr, Troian, although biracial, passes for white and Spencer is identified as white) while Shay/Emily is the only one who doesn't identify as white. I had obviously considered the straight v. lesbian couple angle, but hadn't really given much thought to the racial issue (although maybe that's bc Lindsey/Paige is white and it was more of an obvious issue with Maya).

IDK, I'm just so done with this show - not only bc of their obvious bias against Emily ever being happy, but also with the fact that TPTB refuse to acknowledge how terrible Ezria is, how shoddy the writing and plotlines are and have been for a long time, their refusal to take criticism, and their backpeddling re: Ezra as A, Toby as A, etc.

I might tune in for the series finale just to see how it ends (or watch after it airs), but other than that I'll just kind of see through twitter, tumblr, etc on what's happening.

I will always love Paily and be thankful that I got to experience this ship with you all, but it sucks that it has to end like this.

I'll try to pop in from time to time to say high (and hey, if they prove me wrong and they bring Paige back in the future, then maybe I'll at least watch through gifs).

amelia | icon: mel