View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 PM
kayleer90
Dedicated Fan

i'm never going to get over how badly mk and the rest of these writers screwed over Paily and their fans.
I'll always be a Paily shipper but I can longer watch or support PLL. i'm too bitter

How they wrote paige off is just a complete cop out. I don't trust JD handled their last scene together in 514 any better. There's no way he can work off what MK did in the Christmas episode and do this justice.
This couple deserved so much better

I've loved and shipped Paily since season 1 so to see them go out this way is complete BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelDCFanatic (View Post)
To be perfectly honest I had already lost all interest in PLL these last 4 months which is one of the reasons why I have not been posting. I was already beyond tired of being strung along by the horribly rushed, inconsistent, stale, repetitive, schizoid, and cold writing for Paily and for ALL of the characters(and couples) on the show.

PLL has just been an awfully written show with no real entertainment or thrills for the last 2 seasons. The writers have merely been going through the motions and its the fans who have been suffering trying to stick it out with the show. When a show becomes dull as dishwater and becomes a real chore to watch then you know it's time to throw in the towel.

I only hung in because I wanted to see if TPTB would at least give Paily a good story in season 5 or at least give Paige (and Paily) a satisfactory send off. I knew that Paily would not remain together after how rushed 5A was and after the radio silence from TPTB in regards to Paily these last few months. The writing was on the wall. However I still hoped that Paige and Paily would get a decent send off. Instead TPTB lazily and sloppily have Paige move away to California. PLL is renewed for 2 more seasons. So why was there the need to rush and write Paige off BEFORE prom and graduation? I'm sure this was done so that Emily could easily move on and juggle new love interests (the chef and Ali). But it was still crappy the way it was done.

TPTB have just cheated Paige (and Paily) fans out of two main rituals of high school. TPTB could have easily given Paily a huge send off by having them have a wonderful and meaningful prom to remember for all time. And by showing Paige graduating with everyone else before she went off to Stanford to fulfill her dreams. Then we could have seen Paily have a bittersweet and romantic parting of the ways in an open-ended manner.

However the fact that TPTB took such a lazy, shoddy, and half-***ed way of ushering Paige off screen just shows that they never cared about Paige or Paily(or the fans). It was quite the insult to the fans who have stood by the show since season one. And the upcoming spoilers about the Liars and the couples who are left on the canvas sound totally disastrous in my opinion. Sounds like more nonsense, more filler, and more stale storylines. There's nothing to see on PLL's anymore. The show ended in season 3 in my view. Now that Paige and Paily are done I can totally leave behind PLL.

I was barely hanging on so now I can completely leave it behind for good as I refuse to be strung along with empty promises nor will I continue to watch a show that no longer interests me. I hope that Lindsey will be able to find work on a few cable prime time shows where she will get the respect and equal treatment that she deserves as an actress. She's so talented and I hope she will have a more stable career in prime time television.

I will never support or watch anything from Marlene King and her team again. I may pop in from time to time. But if I don't I just want to say that it was cool posting with all of you guys. And we will always have some good Paily moments and memories to cherish.
SO MUCH WORD.
And I especially agree with the bold part of your post. At least if they had taken the time and actually wrote Paige's sendoff and tied up Paily's story that way, I would've appreciated it (i'd still be sad they ended) but i'd be satisfied because it would've been done respectfully.
Instead what went down, is just CRUEL, stupid and disrespectful.

Last edited by kayleer90; 12-11-2014 at 02:57 PM