View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 09:37 PM
DigificWriter
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
"ONCE UPON A TIME" is an entertaining show . . . or was. But "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER" is ten times better than it in my opinion. Don't really agree with you on that score.
You missed my point. Both OUaT and BtVS have very similar approaches when it comes to the way they're written... hence why I said they should be used as examples of how to write good stories. The similarities are also very prevalent in that A&E have emulated Joss and the way he himself specifically writes on several occasions, both in terms of the way they've structured the storytelling on this show as well as in terms of the way in which they've handled humor.

A&E may not have the raw talent that Joss does, but they've certainly learned a lot from him in terms of the way they write and the way this show is written as a whole.

As far as your comment about the series "jumping the shark" because they showed Emma subconsciously using magic goes, our world might be referred to as the "Land without Magic", but that moniker isn't truly accurate. Magic DID in fact exist here before Emma broke the Dark Curse, as we found out way back in "Selfless, Brave, and True" courtesy of Tamara and the Dragon in Hong Kong.

Also, re: calling Emma a "Mary Sue", I think you need to go look up the actual definition of that term, because it most certainly does not apply here.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor