View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 09:12 AM
cowgirl08
Master Fan

I think Peterson really hurt himself by not showing up to his NFL hearing. I get he didn't believe he had too, but at that point sometimes you just have to suck it up and do it anyway. Now instead of maybe coming back this year he has a undefined suspension that could go on into next season.

I'm not sure how I feel about him yet. On one hand, parents should be able to decline their children. BUT what he did clearly crossed the line. I don't care how he was disciplined as a child what he did to his kid was too much and he needs to realize that. Sometimes he sounds like he gets it but most of the time he doesn't seem remorseful at all and that worries me. I have no problem with him giving his kid a spanking, but beating him is a whole different story and I am still not sure Peterson understands the difference. It's sad on so many levels because clearly that's how he was raised and to think he was so used to it that it seems okay to do it to his kid is sad.

Don't get me wrong I am from the south. I got spankings with a belt and my grandparents even told me to go cut a switch. But those were always used over my clothes. Not directly on my skin and NEVER did they draw blood, NEVER. That's what worries me about Peterson....will he do this again? Or has he learned it was too much the last time?