View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 03:25 PM
BrucasBangelBrylan
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
So I'm in the midst of re-watching Angel and just finished Sanctuary - what a tough couple of episodes there. Seeing Buffy and Angel in that episode is so heartbreaking and it's almost impossible to watch; however, it is so on point.

When I was younger, I could not understand why Angel and Buffy were being so cruel to each other. They love each other, why would they be so hurtful and angry...and now having loved and lost, I understand on a whole new level and actually think the writers portrayed them so realistically in this episode.

When you love someone and can't be with them....oh the emotions you feel. One second you're devastated, one moment you're full of anger, and then next you're trying to act like you're fine. Then throw in the possibility of the person you love being with someone else (Angel finding out about Riley, Buffy fearing Faith and Angel being together) things can get quite messy and hurtful - even if you really don't want it to be.

Personally, I see both sides...though I lean towards Buffy for most of the episode (until the very end). If I was Buffy and saw that Angel, the love of my life, was comforting and helping Faith - someone who had treated me like crap, stolen my body, etc. (the list goes on and on) And now she thinks possibly Angel and Faith are together and he's taking her side ....there would be no stopping me. I'd be beyond furious, beyond hurt. So I understand. I'd be cold as hell to Angel. Though I do understand why Angel related to Faith, he saw himself in her and also wanted to always help people in need (duh, the entire show).

The hitting each other was disappointing, but things on this show are heightened. She did hit him first. I don't like that Angel hit her, but ...come on. She's stronger than him and hit him ...emotions were running high. I do not appreciate it at all though that EITHER of them used violence. But I'm glad that Angel did mention that she is stronger and hit first....

The ending scene is the toughest to watch though. I get that Buffy was being spiteful and cruel because she's hurt that he "chose" Faith (in her mind), but it really did suck that she gave that whole speech about Riley and trusting him. Such BS. Extremely low of her. And I actually applaud that Angel stood up for himself, even though it was sad to see him yell at her like that ...but she kind of deserved it in that moment. It was unnecessary and cruel for her to go on like that and expect him to be like "gee, you're right." It was really messed that Buffy said those things to him. Angel His face kills me. But she's also pretty hurt that he has a "new life" too - even if she's the one that told him they needed separate lives.

I just think they're both incredibly hurt and jealous and angry and that got the best of them in this episode. Really accurate portrayal though of people in love who can't be together though
Thank you for saying what i've been thinking

And TFTNT.

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer