View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 12:56 PM
courtneybangelcakes
Elite Fan

For some reason I never realized how wonderful Cordy is until this rewatch. I'm in the midst of S2 right now (love it!), but Cordy is such an amazing character. I love her interactions with all the other characters and she has such a good heart, but she's also so sassy. But she's never afraid to be herself.

Wesley is my favorite though still. His development is unparalleled in the Buffyverse, imo. Even in S1, we see a lot of hints of his past and how he doesn't feel worthy and wants to prove himself. And it's sad seeing how close him and Angel are and knowing how S3 goes for them.

But I really love Wesley/Cordy's friendship In Sanctuary when Wesley holds her face when he's looking over her bruises and calls Faith a "bitch" - one of my favorite moments of the season.

Top Five Episodes:

1. I Will Remember You (my favorite episode ever, and it's interesting to see the BA relationship from Angel's (mostly) P.O.V.
2. Five by Five
3. Sanctuary
4. To Shanshu in L.A.
5. Parting Gifts

I do think S1 falters because there really isn't a season arch. And I think the second half is dramatically better than the first ...the first half is kind of boring to me.