View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Henry/Chris

Devina was kissing his mom and Chris on the cheek, the Charmings were clapping their hands together, and Henry was just…standing there. He was smiling but, admittedly, the whole situation felt like a dream. He’d come home mentally prepared to handle a break up. He had psyched himself up to say goodbye to Chris only to discover he was sticking around for life. At least, that was the plan. Henry was so happy it was hard to put his emotions into words. He wanted to jump for joy but something stopped him. The worried expression on his mother’s face told Henry she thought it was disapproval. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Henry wanted to have a normal family. He was just…afraid. Henry grew up without a father figure and Neal was taken from him so quickly. It was scary to hope for the best when he was used to the worst. It was going to take some time to adjust. Still, his conflicted feelings weren’t as important as his mom’s happiness. Henry was determined to forget his nervousness and only show Regina his joy. She asked if he was really excited and Henry laughed, nodding his head.

“Really. I think you two taking the plunge is pretty cool.” Regina told him and Devina she knew it was soon, but it felt right. When two people knew they belonged together waiting to make a commitment seemed foolish. “Yeah, if there’s one thing I learned from my story book it’s to take advantage of happy endings when they find you,” Henry explained. Chris told him he was wise beyond his years and Henry shrugged but didn’t dispute his claims. “Future professor at your service,” he joked, though a bit of truth laid in his words. Henry hadn’t thought too much about what he wanted to be when he grew up but a teacher sounded promising. That or an astronaut or marine biologist, maybe. He had plenty of time to figure it out. Regina beamed at her son’s words and told him to come give his ‘old’ mother a hug. “Wish granted,” Henry replied. “But you’re not old. Not yet, at least.” Henry folded himself into his mother’s arms and pulled back with a curious expression. “So when’s the big day?” he asked. Chris nearly choked on his laughter. He coughed to cover it up while Regina told her son to be patient. They didn’t even have a ring yet.

“No ring?” Henry asked in disbelief. “What are you waiting for?” Chris held his hands up in playful defense. Devina told her dad he had some work to do and Chris shook his head in amusement. “What are you two, the engagement police?” he joked. “I’ve got something in the works. Trust me.” Charming and Snow piped in, congratulating the happy couple again before dismissing themselves. They correctly assumed the new family would want some alone time to celebrate together. “I’m best man, right?” Henry boldly asked. Regina told him not to be so presumptuous but Chris honestly didn’t mind. “Of course you are. I can’t think of a better man for the job.” Henry puffed his chest out proudly but Devina wore a jealous frown. “I’m sure we can find something for you to do too, sweetheart,” Chris promised with an encouraging nod to Regina. He figured she could handle this one. Chris had learned his lesson trying to be the only one to parent and make decisions for Devina. Regina was going to be his wife. That meant she had just as much say as he did. From here on out, they were a team.