View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:27 AM
lianamed
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
I think you are looking at this completely the wrong way. Robin is a man of honor, but that doesn't mean he is not human. And he can see how much his choice is hurting the woman he loves, but he also knows that right now this is the right thing to do. He doesn't tell her he loves her to cause her more pain or to make it more difficult for her to let him go. NO! He is being honest with her about his feelings because she needs to know that he didn't trick her, he wasn't toying with her and now that his wife is back he is going to ride in the sunset happily ever after with his family being complete again.
I don't think, not even for a moment he does it to hurt her or to give her false hope. But I'd rather he didn't do it any more exactly because of this thread title. It makes it harder for her. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but that's how I feel. I was ok and even happy when he said it for the first time, but not so much now. I don't blame him, and I even understand, on some level, because I don't think he was thinking when he said it for the second time: he was just so consumed by his own guilt at his inability to save Marian that he had to confide in someone. But it doesn't change the fact that it makes it WAY harder for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
As for his apologies, I'm sorry but he only apologised on Marian's behalf in the premiere and for dragging her into the mess, knowing that she is hurting when she is seeing him with his wife. Hell, she watched him kiss Marian for god's sakes. IMO it was a wonderful thing to have him apologise this sincerely.
Exactly. ITA.