View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Chris

Chris rather liked the idea of being stuck with Regina, not that he saw it as being stuck. He knew what it was to feel trapped in a relationship and this was certainly not it. His girlfriend was teasing, of course. She merely meant she planned to stick around as long as Chris wanted her to. If it weren’t too presumptuous, Chris would’ve told her to stay forever. Instead, the doctor pacified his growing emotions with a subtle smile to hint at his high hopes for the future. “I like the way you think,” he replied tenderly, sealing the decision with a heartfelt kiss. Chris listened intently as Regina explained the decision wasn’t truly finalized until Henry gave his approval. “Of course. I want him to be comfortable. Fortunately, I don’t have to ask Devina to know her answer. She practically begged me to play house with you two after our first dinner together,” Chris revealed, his amusement obvious. Devina was nothing if not bold, but he loved her all the more for it. Regina also had a secret of her own to share. Chris nearly choked on his sweet tea when she told him Henry asked to call him dad the night of their group dinner. “I-I’m sorry, what was that?” the startled doctor mumbled in between coughs. Laughing, Regina assured Chris her son was kidding. He had just wanted to embarrass his mom. Henry seeing Chris as a father figure was a joke…for now.

“I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’d be honored if that day ever came. I just wouldn’t want to disrespect Neal’s memory.” Chris had never met Henry’s birth father but the stories Henry and Emma shared of him painted the man as larger than life. It was clear how much love the family shared, even if their time together was painfully short. Chris wanted to help preserve those memories, not replace them. “It’s different with Devina. Mercifully, she never really knew her mother…if you can call Niamh that, which I can’t. You’re the first woman who’s really paid attention to her. She adores you for that, as do I,” Chris commented with genuine relief. He often prayed, not only for his sake but for Devina’s too, that he and Regina lasted the test of time. Something deep within the doctor told him they would. When Regina informed him Henry was staying at Emma’s tonight Chris raised a curious eyebrow. “Is that so?” he asked suggestively. Nodding, Regina hinted at Devina staying with the Charmings to give them some alone time. “Ms. Mills, I do believe you’re trying to seduce me,” Chris concluded with approval in his voice. Still, he couldn’t resist having a little fun with the confident woman in front of him. “What makes you think I’m so easily swayed?” he inquired, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. Chris walked backwards into the Mills’ house, knowing Regina would follow. The two ended up in the kitchen seconds later. “I’m more immune to your charms than you think,” Chris declared. Leaning in close, he whispered a final taunt in Regina’s ear. “Your spell won’t work on me, your Majesty,” he baited, a teasing expression evident on his face. “But you’re welcome to try.”

Last edited by Captivating; 10-30-2014 at 08:40 AM