View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Chris

Content in Chris’ arms, Regina wore a peaceful expression while humming happily under her breath. An adoring smile grace her lips as she swayed rhythmically with her boyfriend, but the romantic spell she was under broke the instant she heard Chris’ brave question. Chris watched the woman he loved carefully, hopefully, knowing how difficult it would be for her to process his request. Moving in together wasn’t a subject they had broached before. It was completely unexpected, and rather bold to suggest after only three months of dating. But Chris was crazy about Regina and the heart wanted what the heart wanted. The words simply left his mouth before he had time to worry about their implications. “Regina?” Chris spoke carefully, frowning as the Queen backed out of his embrace. Shaking her head, Regina commented that she must have heard the doctor wrong. Her mind was playing tricks on her or Charming had slipped something into her drink. She couldn’t fathom that Chris had truly asked her to live with him. “I, I’m sorry,” Chris replied self consciously. His girlfriend was more dismissive of the idea than he ever anticipated. He had made a mistake after all.

Swallowing hard, Chris tried his best to push aside his disappointment. If Regina wasn’t ready it wasn’t fair of him to take her hesitation personally. Chris was just about to tell the woman in front of him it was fine, she needn’t feel any unwanted pressure, when Regina took her turn surprising him. The raven haired beauty whispered yes, so soft and timid that Chris was certain he’d hallucinated until he saw the look in her eyes. The hazel and gold hues of Regina’s irises shined brightly in elation. “Yes?” Chris repeated back to her, joy overpowering the sadness he’d felt seconds earlier. Regina nodded her head yes vigorously, causing Chris to gather her back into his arms in desperation. “Thank God. I thought you hated the idea or were about to cut me lose,” Chris admitted sheepishly. “So we’re really doing this?” he asked, peppering Regina’s forehead with a succession of kisses. His lips eventually found their way to hers, sealing the decision passionately. Children’s party or not, Chris was too thrilled to censor his emotions. “I don’t think it’s possible for me to be happier than I am in this very moment.”