View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Chris

Waiting patiently, Chris watched the wheels turning in Regina’s mind. Her expression alternated between surprise, embarrassment, and adoration, ultimately coming to rest on the latter. “Yes, here and now,” Chris confirmed, confident in his decision to spin the woman he loved around no matter who was watching. Regina finally took his hand with trust in her eyes. She knew she was safe with him. Chris prayed she never lost that sense of security. A few children playing close by paused to stare at the two adults swaying to an invisible beat. Nothing about the kid’s song playing on the radio was romantic, yet Chris and Regina looked as though they were dancing to the likes of Frank Sinatra. Regina complimented her partner’s smooth moves, causing Chris to smile against her cheek. “Yes, well, we can’t disappoint our audience,” he crooned. Laughing, Regina looked over his shoulder. The children watching giggled briefly before scattering in opposite directions.

Chris rested his forehead against Regina’s and hummed under his breath, pulling her closer. She sweetly asked if she’d told Chris recently how happy he was making her. His arrival in her life was perfect, almost predestined. “The feeling is mutual, my love,” he replied appreciatively. Chris spun Regina out from him and pulled her back in for a dip, softly kissing her lips as Snow White cheered at the gesture. Somewhere in the distance Chris thought he recognized Henry’s groans of disgust but he knew the kid was merely playing his adolescent part. Try as he might, Chris knew how much Regina’s son adored seeing her taken care of (for once). Timidly, with just enough vulnerability to make Chris want to hug her in reassurance, Regina revealed to Chris that she hoped he stayed awhile. “I hope I stay much longer than that,” he answered. “Move in with me,” Chris requested, allowing his heart to lead over his mind. Common sense told him it was too early to make the suggestion, that he would scare Regina away, but Chris couldn’t control what he was feeling. He didn’t want to. Somehow, Regina inspired him to leap before he looked. Something Chris never did before she came into his life.