View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Chris

Nothing made Chris happier than seeing Regina happy. Henry’s change of heart with the birthday song had turned her frown into a full blown smile, and it was a sight Chris and Henry relished. The two men shared an unspoken understanding where the Queen was concerned. Both realized she had been though a lot in life and wanted to ease her burdens however they could. Of course, Chris was an adult who could handle the pressure. Sometimes he worried about Henry trying to be too strong and too grown up for his mother’s benefit. He was a teenager now but, ultimately, still a kid. However, Chris knew it wasn’t his place to intervene. Not unless Regina or Emma asked him to. Being an adviser to King Arthur long ago, and a doctor in present day, had taught Chris the importance of not overstepping his bounds. “Three cheers for singing!” Chris declared, laughing as Devina revealed how much she’d been looking forward to serenading her wannabe big brother. True to her word, Devina led the charge. Her voice was louder than every guest combined it seemed. Chris winced at the off key melody she belted out, praying Henry didn’t find her obnoxious, but the boy merely laughed and blushed. It seemed he enjoyed the attention. Regina chuckled at Devina too, winking at Chris.

“I don’t know where she gets it from,” he mouthed playfully. The ‘happy birthday’ chorus eventually subsided, leaving Henry and his peers to dig into the cake. Regina had gotten him a race car cake (as requested) which was a big hit with all the boys. The girls, of course, complained about having to eat a picture of a tire or car window but their whining was quickly deflated by their parent’s warning expressions. “So, what did you wish for, bud?” Chris whispered to Henry curiously. “Wouldn’t you like to know. I’d tell you, but then it won’t come true. And before you tell me that’s an old wives tale remember that I’m the grandson of Prince Charming and Snow White. My mom’s the savior and my other mom is one of the most powerful sorceresses around. I’m not taking any chances when it comes to wishes and magic.” Henry replied with passion in his voice. “Touché. I can’t really argue with that, can I?” Chris admitted. Henry shook his head no, walking away to join his friends beneath his mother’s apple tree. Devina tagged along as well. Henry, unlike most older kids, didn’t tell her to get lost. It was one of the character traits Chris really admired in the young boy. Even as an adult, he could learn a lot from a person like Henry Mills.

Chris watched the children interacting briefly before Regina distracted him with a piece of cake. “So there was some leftover for the adults,” Chris commented gratefully. “My stomach approves.” Smiling, he sat down at a nearby patio table with Regina and the Charmings. The four adults discussed various topics ranging from kids and discipline to Chris’ strangest medical cases. Snow also took the opportunity to ask Chris about Neal’s persistent cough. She wanted to make sure she didn’t have cause for concern. “Warm compresses and a humidifier work wonders. I wouldn’t worry unless a fever presents itself. If it does, call me day or night and I’ll take a look at him,” Chris promised the new parents. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I want to steal this one for a dance,” Chris announced, turning to Regina expectantly. Kids music was the only thing playing right now but Chris didn’t care. “May I?” he asked, extending his hand to Regina while Snow playfully nudged Charming and told him he needed to take some romantic pointers.