View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 04:05 PM
webruce
Part-Time Fan

Nice to see Sargent John McGarrett from 19 years ago. Also nice to see 6 year old Steve and the Original 5-O Mercury Marquis. Manifold leak, probably a gasket problem. It was cute little Stevie giving his dad the wrench to work on the car.

So chin is that much older Even if he is 19-20 and a Rookie, would make him 12 years older then Steve? I guess Steve did break all of Chin's High School Football Records. Nice that Chin remembered the case and even the bum suspect, Ned Burrows. It was nice having Chin and Steve working together on the case. But with Danny home and probably a mess after loosing his brother Matt and having to shoot Marco Reyes, Chin should be the next choice. It was nice Steve was trying to get a hold of Danny to see how he was doing. When the dealer Jimmy Sykes was mentioned and then not checked into until later I figured he must have been the culprit. Either that or a throw away name, like the head of the underground game room,Paradise Den, Dominic Alonzo. He's been dead 8 years. I thought the resumed body of Paul Clayton after 19 years would be more bones then with the flesh? "Bones" works with a lot less from a more current burial. Granted Paul was in a casket and most of "Bones" bodies are in open, or other weird locations.

Nice for Steve to find out that John regretted sending away him and Mary. Also nice that Aunt Deb(Carrol Burnett)is getting chemo, and Mary and Joanie are doing well.

Steve looked good dressed up to see his Dad on the 4th Anniversary of his death. But he forgot to shave? Not sure what the quarter to dad meant? Did he give Steve a quarter he remembered? Did dad flip one like the old gangsters did, lol.
Elli Clayton seems quite nice. I'm surprised she has the accent. Seems by the story that she lived in Hawaii most all her life. Or did she just return to the Islands? Her dad's bar, Ace's High is still there, unused. Was that match book one that we saw back in the first season? Or when Jerry went through it and found the Shelburne misspelling on bottom?
Nice that they showed that the taking of the money box was just a front for a hit. I see so many times on these shows someone is whacked, and his wallet and credit cards were left behind. "Well Mr. Thompson wasn't robbed, he still had $150 and 2 credit cards on him"! Take the wallet and make it a little harder for our guys to solve it, ok? Even if you drop it in a trash can or flip it to a bum, lol. But I would hate to have mine taken too. But with Tony Malua and Jordan Lewis helping lead them to Jimmy Sykes, it made it a little more difficult to track it. It didn't make John Mc. look to dumb, and especially with the trail having to be even deader then it was back then. Granted the bullet fragments in the body helped.
Surprised that Jordan Lewis could help 5-0 bring down Sykes. But he did like Clayton. So Clayton was once a part of SVL and quit. He had gotten in Sykes's face. The "Howlie"(Tony Malua's words, not mine. No hate mail please!) messed with Sykes business. So Lewis(Sykes words) got Clayton killed. But he is sorry after both Lewis hits him and Steve shoots him. Nice that later Ellie went to see Lewis.

Nice that Ellie knew some stuff about cars. Does seem like maybe a romance is in the works? She is down to Earth. But I still miss Catherine in the right doses.

I think Flippa going in to get back Jerry's book really tipped off Farrow. He did know something was up, but not sure what in Jerry's case before. He might have thought Jerry a private dick, or he worked for a gang that was going to rob the place? Maybe Chin Ho shouldn't have told Jerry to back off like that. But at end we see Thomas Farrow book shop owner at Jerry's to probably kidnap him. Insert head in bag here. So the team may have to watch Jerry's tapes. They will figure out that the sporting talk was code. And maybe that Jerry was right about money laundering.

But I hope that the Matty/Marco Reyes story line isn't over. And don't have Jerry's story gone in one more episode.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote