View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Captivating
Elite Fan

Chris

Chris couldn’t argue with Regina’s response to his teenage angst comment. Having her son temporarily brainwashed by Pan and possessed by Cora were awful experiences, certainly worse than any adolescent hormones to come. “A valid point,” he replied with a semi-grim, semi-amused expression. He hated thinking of all the horrible things Henry had been through but the kid was safe now. He was happy and healthy, that’s all that mattered. The past was in the past. “Though I expect you’ll be singing a different tune when Henry sneaks out to meet a girl or takes out his first mailbox with a car,” Chris added. Charming and Snow suddenly began to laugh, informing Chris that the latter had already happened. Apparently, their grandson’s first driving lesson with Charming was ‘exciting.’ Regina didn’t seem to agree. She smirked briefly but was quick to cover it with a scowl. She reminded David how irresponsible the incident was but Henry’s grandpa wasn’t fazed by her reprimand.

“Hmm, remind me to not let the two of you babysit Devina,” Chris joked, winking at Snow to assure her he was only teasing. Of the few people he’d trust the care of his daughter to, the Charmings were at the top of the list. Right after Regina, that is. Speaking of Devina, Regina told Chris that karma was going to bite him in the butt when his little girl became a woman. Girls were notoriously more difficult during their teenage years. “Devina is going to break the stereotype. I accept nothing less,” Chris answered with a playful nod of his head. Regina rolled her eyes and leaned in for another kiss before asking if he was thirsty. She was happy to get him a drink while he greeted Henry. “That sounds perfect, thank you. I’d tell you what I want but you already know the answer,” he replied. Chris was addicted to Regina’s sweet tea. He had drank enough of it the last few months to fill his body up with more tea than water. Regina walked away to pour him a glass while Chris approached Henry. “Hey there, Mr. teenager! You feel older and wiser yet?” he asked, wrapping his arm around the boy’s shoulder.

Henry stuck his chin out proudly and confirmed that he definitely felt more mature. “That’s my man! Not a little boy anymore, no doubt about it.” Henry high-fived Chris and thanked him for coming before running off to play with some of his friends. “He’s a popular kid,” Chris told Regina when she returned with his drink. “Thanks, beautiful.” Chris took a sip of the cold beverage and sighed contently. It was a beautiful day for an outside birthday party. Although Chris was partial to fall, summer wasn’t half bad. “I saw the present pile. I think Henry has enough contraband to last him through Christmas,” the blue-eyed doctor joked. “Warning. I got him way too many comics. I couldn’t decide what he’d want more so I maybe sort of bought…twenty or so….” Chris mumbled sheepishly. “Devina’s present beats mine though. She actually made him a picture frame with a photo of the two of them. We are chop live next to your son. But you’re right, you’re a close second in Devina’s eyes. And I’m just…boring ol' dad,” he joked.