View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Andorra
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Ha, that's a good way to put it, Funny how none of us could find anything likeable about her, it's as if we're wanting the perfect girl for Tom, and nothing else will do.

Finding another Sybil could be impossible, I suppose there's always a chance it could be just him and Sybbie at the end.
I don't want the "perfect" girl. No one is perfect and Sybil wasn't perfect either.

But I want at least someone likeable and where I find it believable that Tom would fall in love with her.

It's simply completely out of my mind that Tom would fall for someone so rude, prejudiced and harsh as Sarah Bunting, when he had a wife, who was incredibly nice and friendly and treated everyone with respect no matter where he came from.

People fall in love with other people for a reason. And it is NOT because they share the same politics. It's an addition to an attraction, but mainly people are attracted to each other on a physical level and because the personalities are compatible.

I couldn't see any of that between Tom and Sarah Bunting, except the shared political ideals and that was clearly not enough.