View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Kat Stribog
Dedicated Fan

I re-watched it, and this time I found it a little better.
I still don't like it, but it's still only my opinion, and some things aren't as bad as I thought at first.
I guess I'm frustrated to see the potential wasted.

The King of Hell and the Knight of Hell side by side on Earth, it was a great ending in the season 9 and left us to expect something epic, something worth to be scared of... just to get discarded. We saw Sam hooked on demon blood and soul-free, and he was far more frightening and dangerous then a Knight of Hell Dean
I can understand that Crowley don't want to go big, but if we saw some real apocalyptic damage a demon Dean can do, the desperation for the cure and the depth of Sam wanting to save him anyway would've been much more powerful.
After seeing soulless Sam butchering people without any mercy, or Castiel slaughtering angels by dozens and that election team massacre, demon Dean looks like an ordinary mean guy. But still, maybe we'll see some flashbacks that would prove me wrong ? I really hope so.

And I realy hope that Crowley stealing some grace to fix Cas is hiding some twisted plan that was worth it. Crowley was pathetic since the beginning of the season 10. It's not like him, and I miss his strength and mischievous humor.

Quote:
No, the bros problems aren't worked out. There's just so much in their past that is always pushed aside but not really resolved and it can't be done in a few minutes of an episode.
I meant Castiel getting back on his feet and Dean going human again. But you're absolutely right, it doesn't solve anything.
Dean still have the Mark of Cain, brothers have all the past to deal with, and Castiel's new grace is only temporary.
I guess I felt frustrated by the wasted potential, as if the writers used demon Dean only to serve as a cliffhanger for the end of the season 9, but nothing else. I think they could've done a better job by letting him stay as a demon a little longer, or do some more damage, so when he gets cured, we get a real relief before getting slapped by "he still have a Mark" reminder.

About Castiel being so cold... Is it the grace that makes him less emotional ? Maybe. I just hope that it's not the off-screen issues around the Destiel shipping that made them jump back so far, that Cas don't even look as a close friend anymore but only as a friendly ally
But then, it makes me think about something Castiel told about Dean fighting to stay a demon : "You know, only humans can feel real joy, but also such profound pain. This is easier."
I think he was speaking from the experience, remember Ephraim saying to Castiel "I just followed the sound of your pain. You have no idea how loud it is. I could hear you for miles." ?
I wonder if Castiel was in pain because he wanted to become an angel again, or did he wanted to become an angel again because he was in too much pain and wanted it to stop ? What exactly caused his pain ? Was it guilt of destroying Heaven, troubles to understand human life, or feeling unwanted by people he cared about ? The way he told Hannah to focus on the duty and discard her feelings, I guess Castiel is trying (not very seccessfuly) to erase his own feelings because it hurts him probably even deeper then his fading grace. It's somehow tragic, but I found it cute that his priority is not Heaven and angels, but helping brothers

Sam was perfect in this episode, he was clearly staying strong to save his brother while devastated inside. Love you Sam, never change !
And I enjoyed the "Shining" moment too.
Also, have you noticed that Cas learned to knock on doors before entering ? He's no longer invading out of nowhere when he wants to talk

Anyway, actors did a great job (as always), it's writers I'm disappointed in. I guess we should see how it turns out in the future, but I don't have any high hopes

I don't know if I'm making any sense, I tend to be clumsy in communication.

There's something that caught my attention this time : that pie in Dean's room... isn't he supposed to be absent from that room for weeks / month ? That pie looked fresh

My artist page : Kat Stribog

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 10-23-2014 at 03:05 AM Reason: typing errors
Kat Stribog is offline   Reply With Quote