View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 01:28 AM
Kat Stribog
Dedicated Fan

Yes, and Benny helping Dean and Cas reconnect is something only a good friend would do, or a brother, Sam was doing it also every time Dean and Cas had a fight.

Quote:
Cas has betrayed Dean already. Benny never has.
Because Dean never asked him something as heavy as he asked from Cas.
Castiel was new to humanity, he didn't have a concept of having friends, or even feelings before he met Dean. He was good at follow-orders-don't-ask-questions, but the free will requires knowledge and wisdom that someone new to the human world can't have, and I must say Cas is learning very fast.
When Castiel first disobeyed, he was like a 3 year old child with superhero powers. It's only natural that he made some huge mistakes, and was wavering between his love for Dean and his love for Heaven.
I think that despite his early betrayals, only a true friend would change his way of thinking at take risks for someone. But the friendship will never force you to abandon everything you are and believe in, and it's precisely what Dean was asking of Castiel in early days, and why Castiel "betrayed" him. Dean never asked from Benny to go against eveything he believed in, only what Benny was already OK with deep inside.
Only someone deeply in love would sacrifice everything he has, rebel against his own world and family, die several times, destroy one of the most powerful items instead of using it (angel tablet), give up an army and break the mental control just for one man. And this is all that Castiel did after getting to know Dean better.
I don't say Benny wouldn't do some of these things, but I don't think he would've gone that far without getting anything in return.
And all that Castiel ever got in return at first was Dean's betrayals. Friendship or love shouldn't be one side only, but Dean did betray and abandon Cas on many ocasions.
For me, Benny is a true friend, while Castiel is a lover or a brother.

My artist page : Kat Stribog

Last edited by Kat Stribog; 10-21-2014 at 01:38 AM