View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 AM
sunshineliz
Dedicated Fan

I'm not so sure the hand didn't influence Hook when he had it back. Sure it might have been the power of suggestion, but when can we EVER trust what Rumple says? He might've been lying before, but who is to say he isn't lying at the end just to get Hook to do what he wants? I found his roughing-up of Will to be a little out-of-character, even for his old self. Why would his old self want to beat up a guy trying to get into the library? If he was truly "letting his dark side show" wouldn't he have been selfish and totally ignored it? There was no one around to impress (cronies, etc) and it didn't get him anything either. I think that was the best argument to think that his hand really DID influence him. That might've resulted in undirected violence just trying to burst out of a mindless hand.

But "just letting your dark side show"? Nope, don't buy it. Don't know which way the writers intended it to be, but I think Rumple is manipulating him NOW, rather than earlier.

Hook still has a lot to learn though. If he wants a good relationship with Emma, he needs to learn to start being more honest and share his problems with her. If he'd said from the beginning that Rumple had given him back his hand and now he thought it might be manipulating him, she would've understood. She might've been able to help, or who knows, might've even agreed to going back to Rumple for help. Either way, Rumple wouldn't have been able to manipulate Hook by playing the "what will Emma think" card.