View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 04:20 AM
ClaireK80
Part-Time Fan

My own random thoughts:

- I loved Mabel Lane Fox, can't wait to see more of her. And I don't think she should get back together with Tony, even if I guess it would be convenient for both Mary and Charles.

- I also liked Atticus Aldridge, now we know why Fellowes wrote that scene with Rose asking her father to be on her side in case she fell in love with an 'unsuitable' guy.

- That scene with Robert returning while Simon is in Cora's room was pretty suspenseful. LOL at Cora telling Edith she and Robert were "playing a game", OMG. I know Cora was caught in an inappropriate situation, but she did nothing wrong and I hope Robert understands this soon. After all he's the one who almost had an affair with a maid some years ago.

- Glad Bunting is finally gone (poor Daisy, she was the only one who really liked her). But I never got the impression that she and Tom were romantically interested in each other, so the last scene felt a bit off for me.

- Edith's storyline is finally moving, I wonder who Edith was calling at the end. The problem is that, while I'm sorry for Edith, I also wonder if it would be good for Marigold to be separated from Mrs Drewe, whom she considers her mother.

- the Carson / Hughes / Patmore storyline was enjoyable to watch, but a bit pointless.
And the dynamic between Carson and Mrs. Hughes, with him having a bad idea /being wrong about something and her outwitting/convincing him, is getting very repetitive even if it's always amusing. Fellowes is really a lazy writer sometimes.

- Violet and poor dr. Clarkson have apparently accepted that Merton and Isobel are well suited for each other. Now I guess Isobel will refuse his proposal, LOL.

- I still don't care about Green's death, but the Anna / Bates scene was cute.

- Thomas's storyline is also developing very slowly. And I still find it very very hard to feel sorry for him, since he's so mean with other people.