View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 02:42 AM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

I thought the ep overall was very slow. Probably picked up in the end which was good.

My favorites: Sarah is gone! At least I hope she really is because I don't see the point of her ever coming back again. Yes Tom needed someone to remind him of how revolutionary he used to be but they could've done it better than make the character irritating.

The whole fallout of the Bricker/Cora and Robert drama. It reminded me of the Matthew/Carlisle tussle but (like I always say), I enjoy seeing Robert lose it. What I didn't like was how he reacted afterwards. Cora should be the one pouting there not him. But I also didn't like how Bricker was saying those things to Robert in his room. I'd be angry too if I find a woman inside my own bedroom talking to my husband. But because of cultural/societal changes, I'd probably be angry more at my husband for letting the woman in.

Edith/Rosamund & Violet. I don't think that was a good solution but even I can't think of any. I can understand why Edith feels horrified of not seeing Marigold but I really think the solution to all of this is to tell Mrs. Drewe why she's drawn to Marigold. She may or may not understand but at least she told her the truth. I love that Rosamund was around to help Edith this time around. Edith needs someone to talk to these days.

Not so favorite parts: Rose and Atticus. What is up with Rose meeting all this random men only to be disappointed in the end?

Also Charles/Mabel/Mary. I didn't get why Charles had to do that to both Mabel & Mary, did he want to stir up more trouble? Even worse, Mabel had to end up leaving and Mary had every reason to leave too.

Baxter/Molesley and Thomas drama. Too slow. I get that Thomas doesn't care about people minding and looking out for him but this will blow over soon but the SL is dragging out.

Lastly, Mrs. Patmore/Mrs. Hughes/Carson SL. Why are people in Downton always getting money? The bottom line was just to stroke Carson's ego which we don't already need (and I like Carson but this SL was just lazy writing for me).

The next ep looks good though. And I really hope we'd see some fallouts now because we are literally down to the last 4 eps.

I'll comment on some posts tomorrow, FF is very slow for me today.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.