View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 09:45 PM
amomentintime3
Extreme Fan

My feelings on tonight's episode. They are pretty Rumple-centric because I went into it anticipating a Rumple-centric episode.

Rumble-centric episode? By 30 mins in there were two flashbacks with Anna that are mostly story-centric and a scene to set up Hook-hand issue. And no Belle *sighs*.

I kind of enjoyed the date (though there wasn't much feeling in it, it felt like it moved at an awkward pace, Lots of build up with the Charmings and then the date gets interrupted quickly. I did really enjoy David's little insertions when Emma got back about not wanting to know everything in comparison to Snow.

I liked the twist with the hand not being cursed but Hook acting that was because he anticipated it was.

Was irritated when the only Rumbelle scene was cut (which makes how many episodes in a row between Belle and Rumple). I don't need to have Rumbelle scenes all the time but in a Rumple-centric episode it was disappointing, especially because Rumple came across as such a one dimensional villain today.

This entire episode felt kind of disjointed and plot-driven rather than character-driven. It seemed like they were jumping around a lot with the Anna flashbacks, the SQ bits where she might have something to do with Emma, Hook's hand, then the hat and Rumple. It felt like a lot of stuff was being set up for later, and not much was really delved into this episode other than explaining why Rumple wanted the hat (which was explained three times (!) in the scenes between Zozo, Anna/Rumple and Rumple/Hook). I got it the first time

Best scene of the night for me was Henry-Rumple which, not coincidentally, was the only scene that showed any softer side to Rumple at all and Henry/Regina because I love watching that relationship starting to flourish.