View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 03:10 PM
northboundtrain
Loyal Fan

Ahhhhh!!!! I loved so much of that! JF keeps giving me all of these wonderful Charles and Mary scenes and it's like Christmas or something.

I can't believe he was having dinner with Mary when I had just convinced myself he would be out with Mabel instead. No matter what Charles says, every word/action/tone of his voice gives away that he's not over her.

And that delicious look they shot each other when the bride came in.

They're beautiful. Just beautiful. I want to re-watch their scenes again before I comment further, either here or in the Charles/Mary thread.

As for the rest of it, I missed some parts here and there. The dinner was awesome in its awkwardness, and I'm so glad Mary spoke up when she did (and the look on Tom's face).

Thomas's storyline has all the makings of a heart-breaker.

What did Anna say about Jimmy? I was distracted by something else during that line.

Merton's proposal was indeed very sweet.

I burst out laughing when Isobel told Violet she might want to rephrase her put-down of Susan if she wanted to remain neutral. That was hilarious. Perfect line and perfect delivery.

And I really liked that final scene with Mary/Tom/Robert surveying the land. I think Robert's decision is the right one -- he wants to move forward and accept change, but he wants to make sure he does it in the right way...not grabbing at money as soon as it's offered, but thinking things through more carefully than that. The three of them make a good team.