View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 03:07 PM
~Search4Truth~
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
But I saw you mention in the Ryan/Taylor thread a couple of months ago that you love RM slightly more than RT because you love tragedy in film. So it sounds like you're kind of okay with Marissa getting killed off....
RM were tragic from day 1. They can still remain a tragic couple without Marissa dying. The Tijuana episode, the way her dad was beaten and almost killed, the way both Ryan and Marissa could have died in the Trey debacle, the way they could have gone to prison for the rest of their lives. RM could remain a tragic couple without Ryan or Marissa dying. Dawn could have died. Jimmy could have died. Julie could have died. Or Ryan could have gone to prison or something. RM always had troubles, and I love that about them because for a story I find it intriguing. I love angst. You completely misunderstood my comments. I was okay with Marissa's death back in the day. And I am not as torn up over it as diehard Marissa fans. I love the character now (it took years, but with time she grew to be one of my favorites). But I am not a diehard fan of hers. But I am still angered by it whenever I see her death scene now. For a while now, I wish she had lived. My opinion changed. I am not okay with her death, especially because the way it happened was unfair to Mischa, for her to find out with such short notice. I like Season 4, but that does not mean I don't think it would have been better had Marissa lived and had their been a Ryan/Taylor/Marissa type storyline.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]