View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 02:20 AM
IBelieveInMiracles
Elite Fan

I hope they don't have Mary (or Francis) cheat. I mean I'm all for them embracing the fictional-ness of the show, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't stay true to the characters too. What happened with Francis and Lola was/is a disaster on many levels but Mary and Francis weren't together and she was ready to marry his brother at the time. That's totally different than having one or both of them commit adultery. For all the problems Frary have, lack of love, attraction to each other, or desire to be with each other has never been among them. I just can't see them hurting each other that way. Plus there really is no score to settle- Francis slept with Lola and Mary was going to marry his brother. I think they are even.
Also as someone pointed out already, they aren't just two ordinary teenagers with normal teenage problems. Every decision they make has the potential to affect not just them but their countries as well. They can't be just doing random stupid crap. And they have enough problems to deal with right now, without making things worse with infidelity of all things. And I just think that Mary is better than cheating on Francis for some political favor or some such nonsense. I feel like the Mary they've been writing so far is above hurtful, deceitful crap like that. She is not Catherine. But the theory about testing them to see if they are going to be like Catherine and Henry makes a lot of sense. The writers just better let them "pass" that test and not turn them into C/H. Frary is not C/H. And they aren't just two royals thrown together just for political benefits. Frary has real love story. And I just want the writers to respect that instead of going for cheap drama like infidelity that doesn't even fit the characters or their relationship. I thought we were going to be able to stop worrying about this type of storyline when they definitively ended the brother love triangle and found Bash better things to do than be a thorn in Frary's side. But now we've got creepy cousins and what not causing problems but an infidelity storyline in any way should just be a big no go. Nobody wants that and it benefits no one. It's just so not needed.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote