View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 08:45 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Went back and re-watched this episode tonight, and I resent it so much. I resent it every bit as much as Drive in the Knife.

It still bothers me that the music from Bay & Emmett's first prom night is playing right after Tank's father tells the two love birds (Bay and Tank) to sit closer together.

What is the symbolism of THAT?

I remember during Season 1B when Emmett treated Bay so cavalierly (not returning her texts, walking away from her when she was trying to talk to him, being a general jackass).

In Season 3B, Bay treated Emmett cavalierly, too. I'm weary of these two doing these sorts of things to each other.

I could understand it better when Bay did it during Season 2A. Emmett had cheated on her. They were not in a relationship. They didn't even have a friendship at that point.

It bothered me, but I could understand it then.

But in Season 3B, Bay & Emmett WERE together. Yes, Angelo died, and yes, Bay was scared about her possible aneurysm, but I did not like seeing her go out to dinner with Tank and tell him about her aneurysm. I did not like seeing her keep the aneurysm secret from Emmett. I did not like Bay ignoring Emmett's text the night she had dinner with Tank. I did not like seeing Bay stand up Emmett at their graduation party OR take the fall for Daphne without letting him know first.

I am sure my feelings are exactly how the writers want me to react, which disappoints me even more. Why do Bay & Emmett have to treat each other so poorly?

Yes, humans trample on the feelings of others much of the time, but sometimes, humans (especially those who are sincerely in love) treat each other well.

Why can't we see more of that here and there? Why does it always have to be so much grief with Bay & Emmett?

I understand that conflict makes for a good story, but I want to see them facing conflict together. These plot turns where they are disrespectful to their beautiful relationship have me fed up and disappointed.