View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 11:47 AM
DR76
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Get back to me after Emma has committed half the atrocities Regina has.

I'm honestly still waiting for Regina to finally feel guilty for causing Emma to have such a miserable life, when she forced her parents to send her away. Or for killing Graham. Or using Kathryn to keep David and Mary Margaret apart.

So I suppose Regina casting the curse and sending black knights to kill Emma when she was a baby isn't what forced her parents to send her away?

How silly of me to forget, this is the new rebooted version of OUAT where Regina was never the villain of the story. Oh, wait. Nope. It's still the same show, and she still did all that .

This isn't about who is the villain and who is the hero of the show. At this point, who cares? We already know about Regina's crimes. But her crimes SHOULD NOT be an excuse for Emma to deliberately change the timeline, because she had to be the hero and save someone who should have remained dead in the past. The fact that her action led to saving Marian's life does not excuse the fact that what she did was wrong. If we can face Regina's mistakes and crimes, why can't we accept that even Emma is capable of making mistakes?

What is amazing is that a similar situation popped up on the first season of "CHARMED" in which Phoebe Halliwell, while time traveling to the 1970s with her sisters, considered warning her mother that the latter would be killed in another three years. First, Phoebe left a note behind, warning her mother. But in the end, she realized there would be strong consequences in changing the timeline - even if it meant saving her mother's life. So, she tore up the note before returning to the present with her sisters.

What is also amazing is that while Emma convinced Rumpelstiltskin to take a memory erasing potion so that he wouldn't change the timeline and save Neal . . . she decided to change the timeline anyway by saving Marian. I found her actions hypocritical and careless. And it also makes me wonder if she is suffering from some kind savior complex. I mean . . . think about it. When Hook said that she was the one who defeated both Peter Pan and Zelena, Emma didn't bother to deny it. Why? Even in this episode, she practically hinted that it was "her job" to give everyone a happy ending. Why on earth didn't this woman realize how stupid that sounded? Especially since she knew that the only reason she was tagged "the savior" in the first place was due to Rumpelstiltskin's manipulations regarding the original curse.

Many of you may not think that Emma has a serious problem. But I do.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.