View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Bellydancer_1
Loyal Fan

From Wetpaint:

Quote:
Vampire Diaries Season 6: Will Damon and Bonnie Return Home Anytime Soon?

“The mystery of where they are is an ongoing presence throughout the whole season, but trying to figure out what the heck they’re going to do about getting home is the crux of our first chapter,” Julie told Entertainment Weekly.

Er, does this mean Damon and Bonnie might be making their way back to their loved ones for the entire season? We have to admit, we didn’t expect that outcome. TVD is a show famous for chewing through plot like Stefan The Ripper on a bloodlust bender. But, from Julie’s words, it sounds like that might be the case? Or, at least the other-world Bamon finds themselves in will serve a purpose throughout the entire season. Perhaps, only one of them will make it back in the first arc of the season? Or they will only be able to come home for short periods at a time. Whatever the solution, we have to admit: we’re intrigued.

Wherever Damon and Bonnie are, Damon is not giving up on getting back to his girl. Julie teased: “Without explaining too much about the mystery of where he is, [Damon] didn’t end up where he thought he was going to be — whether that was, in his mind, hell, heaven, or some like warped dimension of Damon doppelgangers. Where he ended up is so surprising and so strange and mysterious, even to Damon himself that it becomes about 1) figuring out where they are, and 2) how do they get out of it? And those drives are triggered by, ‘Hey, if there’s a chance I can get back home and get back to my girl, then that’s what I want. Get back to my girl and get back to my brother.’”

Our takeaway from all of this? The Delena romance is very much alive and well in Season 6 — even if Damon and Elena are literally worlds apart.

Do you think Damon and Bonnie will find their way back to their loved ones in the first part of the season? Share your theories in the comments below!

The Vampire Diaries Season 6 premieres Thursday, October 2, at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Kayti Burt is a contributing writer for Wetpaint Entertainment with a penchant for all things pop culture. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!
Vampire Diaries Season 6: Will Damon and Bonnie Return Home Anytime Soon? | The Vampire Diaries | Wetpaint