View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 06:07 PM
northboundtrain
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinebright (View Post)
Hello Northbound
I read your posts and often agree.
Hi!!

Does that mean you like Charles too? (crossing fingers)

Quote:
But I have to disagree here about Bunting. You see I don't think she was insulting Robert if you listen to what she said exactly. She was saying that he ,Robert would be a good advocate for the Memorial cause since he agrees with everything it stood for(although apologizing after Carson spoke up would bolster my case a little more). She just came off as more tactless and not knowing how to 'finesse' her views in such a strongly conservative setting - but not maliciously rude.
I see what you're saying here. I think what set me off a bit was the part about the committee not wanting him. That seemed designed to hit an emotional target.

But I also don't think Sarah is intrinsically a mean or cruel person at her core. I think that at the dinner she felt outnumbered, as well as pressured to put her money where her mouth is where her views are concerned. For her, it was a rare opportunity to make her side heard to people she probably felt weren't often exposed to it.

She just didn't go about it as well as she could have, and that's what I had a problem with.