View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 07:15 PM
cowgirl08
Master Fan

One Tree Hill is easily in my top 3 shows all-time. I could list out others but as far as someone asking me what series did you love the most, these easily come into play. Everwood would probably come in 4th for me based on nostalgia as it was the first show I ever really got into aside from 7th Heaven that we watched as a family growing up.

1. Chuck (Just too many personal ties to the show not to give it top billing)
2. Friday Night Lights
3. One Tree Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
The guest stars / supporting characters get WAY too much screen time, and they bring in new main characters, too. It's just way different. You're left with Brooke, Haley, and Nathan though so if you're in love with them by then then you may still enjoy. I watched it all in real time because I just love the show so very much, but it gets bad. There is a superhero episode..
OMG the superhero episode I forgot about that! There's also an episode where they go back to like the 1920's at some point....but that may be earlier on in the series because I think Peyton is still around.

Pretty much Betty (since you already heard LP are gone this isn't a spoiler for you) as many long running shows run into, the main actors contracts ran out and Chad and Hilarie didn't resign for various reasons. Then Hilarie in particular got on another show (White Collar) so even bringing her in for cameos was tough. I think Chad wanted to pursue movies and so on.....don't think it really worked out for him the way he planned but none the less the show pretty much does a reboot. Do you watch Grey's Anatomy at all? It's similar to how a few seasons ago they brought in a new group of doctors to fill the void as the main characters started leaving after contract disputes etc.

I still say watch the season, it's not award winning TV by any means like the first few years but by then you are so invested in the characters (at least I was) you kinda want to know where they go. There are still some good episodes and stories, but some of the story lines are insane, keep in mind by this point it was a full fledged CW show and it certainly started playing into that stereotype at times. Season 9 brings it all home though for sure, so for that reason alone I would say stay with it so you aren't lost!

Last edited by cowgirl08; 09-23-2014 at 07:41 PM