View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 06:49 AM
WeBuiltThePyramids
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I think just saying "I love you" was radical enough to show that he wanted it enough, and a big moment for him. He didn't need to do the whole rom-com chasing the plane scenario. The Mentalist just doesn't seem like that kind of show. I'm not going to complain, I LOVED that scene, but it was just a bit off, not only for Jane, but for the style of the show.
Yeah, I agree. I mean it was...so Friends?...I guess? I don't know, I know Jane needed to really, really prove it, but it just seemed off in how they did it, mostly for the style of the show, but for Jane as well.

I think the reason I'm worried next season might have a similar feel is...I mean, let's be honest here, they thought they were cancelled when they wrote Blue Bird. They didn't know they were renewed until nine days before it aired and things were looking pretty bleak for a while. So they wanted to satisfy the fans as much as they could - and since they said season seven was going to be about satisfying the fans...I'm a bit scared. It was fine for Blue Bird because that was a very emotional, strained situation, but I hope they go back to the tone of the show for next year.