View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 AM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

Awww I'm really sorry to hear that. It's sad when any pet dies, be they a dog, cat or a small animal like a guinea pig. My condolences. Yes, at least he isn't suffering anymore. That's what my mum and I had to keep telling ourselves about our dog Jess 4 years ago.

Thanks, sweet of you to worry about me! I'm really ok, just been rather distracted. My older sister is having a, how should I say it... lesbian wedding ceremony next week which we were only told about on Monday. My mum was rather upset about it because she thought she wasn't invited because of her feelings toward's my sister's…how should I say it…sexuality. She has nothing against her partner at all, I don't either, she's very nice, we all get along extremely well and we've known her now for about 4 years now which was when my sister came out. A wedding had been discussed before, but I wasn't expecting this to suddenly come so out of the blue. It was originally supposed to only be an elopement with a couple of witnesses, but then my sister's friend wanted to go, and her partner felt she couldn't exclude her mum because of personal reasons so it kinda got a little more important. Thankfully, this was resolved, and now my mum is attending.

The stupid thing is, the ceremony is taking place in Scotland (there's a place there that provides the only such ceremonies in the UK legally). Which is insanely bad timing what with the whole referendum. By then the Scots will have voted either 'yes' or 'no' and either way it goes tonight will still be chaos up there. I can't go, as it's on the day I will be at work (though I do have 2 weeks off the next day) and also my dad can't make the long journey so someone had to have stayed with him, not to mention someone to look after our dog. I would've gone to support mum, and I love my sister. Her sexuality doesn't matter to me, she's still the same older sister I love. Though I admit it's not something of which I would have expected from her. Anyway, that's how it all worked out. If we had more notice, we probably would have worked out something better for all concerned. But there you go. That's why I've been so distracted this week!
(That, and I had my check up at the dentist yesterday - I HATE going to the dentist!)