View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Forwood4Bamon
Fan Forum Hero

thanks tony for that. exactly. I wanted to post this from a DJ video a week ago:the last series/season, the one with the ending that made no sense to me with what happened.
First we finally get Dawson and Joey in a place were they can admit what they mean to each other and how the consume their deep and passion love for each other by making love. And what do TPTB do, they kill us by STILL not giving them their 'shot' as Pacey stated and being together to really see if they have a chance of it being the relationship we fans think it was meant to be.
So of course they split them up before they can really be together and we get them in other relationships but still their connection is so strong that it just feels like they are telling us they will get their chance in the end.
And then we get the final episode and THAT ending that for the life of me I will never understand how it could be. I mean I'm not a fan of Joey at all by this time and yet I still could only see her ending up with Dawson however the ending that I didn't think would happened did and I can't think what planet TPTB were on to have come to this decision. If I could see that they were at least not having Pacey and Joey end up together in the finale with the possibility of Dawson and Joey ending up together one day then I could have grasped the ending but seriously in no way for me did they make me think for one moment that Pacey and Joey were gonna be the endgame couple. I don't know if it was because they were the more popular couple but in some ways it feels like they went for the more popular choice to cause less uproar from their viewers.
So yeah for me I will NEVER like the ending of DC or that Pacey and Joey ended up together at the end. Even with the years that have passed since it finished it still feels wrong and that is why I can now never enjoy watching this show.
I thank god that TPTB of Felicity did not go with the slightly more popular pairing of Felicity and Noel and stayed true to the core and heart of the show and had it that it was always meant to be Felicity and Ben.
Show less

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-12-2014 at 04:58 PM