View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 06:23 PM
warangel88
Fan Forum Star

I'm not saying it ignore it, and I will admit if they do make John bi it would be the first one I know about on television, and is canon to source material. The only other male character that probably comes close to be bi is Magnus Bane (the Infernal Devices/the Mortal Instruments). But that is more book/film based.

But I will says this. I don't have problems with gay/bi sexual characters as long as it has always been their intent or they were written that way. In fact I have shipped a few gay/bi pairings in the past. However, I do have a problem when a very loud and vocal part of the fandom demands a character to with so-so. A lot of times its between two males. Even though, they may have been written as close friends, partners/co-workers or w/e.

But I will say this if Constantine is indeed bi in this. Make sure the dialogue matches up with your intent. I think an example of this is with Irene in Sherlock. I think there has been some debate on what her sexuality is. I mean in dialogue she does she is gay. However she may be trying to get under John's skin. More or less it seemed like ship tease for the John/Sherlock fans. However, she also seemed like she had strong feelings for Sherlock. Which may consinder she is bi-sexual. However, she also said she was gay. So if they didn't have that dialogue in there, I think fans may have lead more to bisexual.