View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 02:54 PM
scorpio_chick
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Hopefully what Candice says is on the money. She really needs to find out about Barry being The Flash in the first season because while it made sense with Lois to not know right away, they had just met and getting to know each other that first season, Iris has known and lived with Barry for huge chunk of her life. Their each others best friends it would be hard press to believe she wouldn't know it's him. Depending on how many scenes she has with the Flash, if she gets a lot of scenes, I would hope that she would know by mid-season. Agree, I hope they built up to it and that the aftermath/fall out is written well. It could easily go either way of being too easy/letting it slide or having her be too angry/holding on to her hurt too long about not being told. There's a fine balance that needs to played here.
ITA. The only way I could see Iris going until the end of the season before learning the truth is if she's barely interacting with Flash. I don't think the writers can pull off many scenes of Iris chatting/interacting with the Flash and still not being able to figure out that it's Barry. I imagine the reveal coming in a scene where Iris is interacting with Barry up close and personal () for the first time. I definitely don't want it to be a similar situation with Laurel on Arrow where someone tells her. I'd love for Iris to uncover the truth herself. Maybe that can be payoff for all her investigative work into the Flash's identity.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that Barry looking at Iris because he can't have her, but because he loves her.
Agreed. I think Candice was just trying to be modest there.