View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Seamstress90
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
She is definitely like those other heroines! I was thinking more of Belle in skin deep who kissed Rumple thinking she could save him from a curse and that they would be happy. In that case Belle was naïve like Catherine was but matured like Catherine into those other great Austen heroines!
Belle was a bit naive, but to be fair, she had a reason to believe she could save him. Regina had told her that Rumple's darkness might be due to a curse, but TLK would turn him into an ordinary man again.

Quote:
Belle says she could never give her heart to someone as superficial as him. Since Belle is very intelligent and quite comfortable with dealing with all the complexities that come with Rumplestiltskin, I'm not sure if that's a huge condemnation or just an acknowledgement that they weren't right for each other. Most women can say things about a lot of guys that boil down to "not right for me." It doesn't mean they may not be wonderful guys who aren't exactly right for someone else.
Belle doesn't seem to miss him at all (In Skin Deep, she only spoke of him when Rumple asked. She didn't try to find him after the first curse was broken, and she hasn't asked about him.), which kinda indicates that she barely considered him a friend.

And if Belle doesn't miss him.. well, then neither do I.