View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Donna K.
Fan Forum Legend

'Gossip Girl' Blake Lively Serena Van Der Woodsen Role Almost Went To Lily Collins? 'Mortal Instrument' Star Was Up For CW Role : TV : Mstarz

Quote:
Could you have imagined Gossip Girl with a different leading lady? Well that might just have been the case if Lily Collins had gotten her way. The Mortal Instruments star says that she tested and was hoping to get a role on the CW series but was crushed when it didn't work out that way.

The series, which would go on to span six seasons and star Blake Lively, Ed Westwick, Leighton Meester and Chace Crawford among others, would have been entirely different had Collins been casted.

She spoke candidly about losing out on the role in the October issue of Marie Clarie, saying that at the time she thought she'd never get over the loss.

"I tested for Gossip Girl. I wanted to be in it so badly, I thought at the time it was the end of the world," the 25-year-old actress explained of the missed opportunity.

However, while she had to deal with the rejection, she says that her life wouldn't have turned out the same had she gotten the role.

"But now I think, 'Well I would have got pigeon-holed, have had to move to New York, leave high school and be signed away for six years," the star explained. "I wouldn't have done the films I've done, and everything would have been so different."

Lily can next be seen in the romantic comedy Love Rosie, which will premiere later this year.

For more on Collins interview pick up the magazine on newsstands now.

Donna