View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Forwood4Bamon
Fan Forum Hero

I also love this:
I don't know about Joey and Dawson getting together. It seemed like they just burned that bridge over and over again. But yeah, maybe by their early 30s they've grown up and can actually make it work.

I do agree that Joey and Pacey would not still be together. They didn't even keep in touch for 7 years, and then Joey comes back and chooses him because he's the one she's always wanted? Then, within a short time, they're living together. Sorry, I don't buy it. In real life, people move on and don't randomly decide that they want to be with their high school sweethearts 7 years later. If Pacey was really the one for her, she wouldn't have chosen Eddie, a random-ass guy, over him.

Ideally I think they should all end up with new people rather than going back and rekindling high school romances. Except maybe Pacey and Andie - I could see those two ending up together for the long haul.
Dawson and Pacey were always waxing poetically about how incredibly beautiful and amazing she was. Jen was so desperate to be her friend in the first season even though Joey was incredibly nasty to her for no real reason. Audrey made that speech about how she's smart and doesn't know it, beautiful and doesn't believe it, and the kind of girl other girls aspire to. Even Professor Hetson said he wished his daughter would be more like her (even after knowing that she missed his exam because she was screwing her boyfriend). Every guy she met was crazy head over heels for her.

What was so great about her? Her personality left a lot to be desired. In the earlier seasons, she was angry, belligerent, and rude. It was like she was trying to make a big show out of being all tough, which was pretty over the top. In the later seasons, she was just whiny and self-involved. She was high maintenance without really being worth it. And as for her being so paralyzingly beautiful...meh. She was never ugly, but she wasn't breathtakingly beautiful either. Her looks declined massively after about season 3. She made everything all about her all the time, and she whined and whined about her problems when people around her were dealing with things that were much more serious (Andie with her mental health issues, Dawson's dad dying, Audrey's struggle with addiction, etc.). Yet Joey's drama with her boyfriends somehow trumped everyone else's much more legitimate issues.

This might be sacrilege, but I'll say it: Joey Potter was nothing special. I love this person on imdb.