View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 12:05 AM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I don't even know how I was able to survive his death. I managed to close out all the spoilers and stuff, which wasn't easy as S3 was shown here way later. So I had no idea what was going to happen. And honestly, after that I was so depressed for a while that I didn't wanna start S4. I was still in denial like, how could that happen? But I was curious about Mary and the baby's future so I decided to keep watching. It was still painful for a long time but little by little it got better..I'm still not over it but the show's got a lot more to offer, so..
Yes, I was same as you. I was very sad, angry, bitter. This was my safe haven from everything when the S3 CS aired and as much as I try to understand and accept it, I just can't. Then my "mourning" stage was over and I was okay. By the time S4 arrived, I was ready and excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber's Daughter (View Post)
Well, Dan (and not only him) wasn't very happy with Fellowes writing and refusal to allow actors to aprticipate in the process, so... It was expected, to a certain extend. I blame Fellowes mostly, not only because of the lazy writing (and some of it is truly very lazy) but also for the authoritative approach. Now, as I rewatched seasons 1-3 I couldn't help but notice moments of complete writing failure. He also can't write happiness or sadness for the life of him and tries to avoid it, leaving much off stage. Anyways, to me Matthew and Mary were a very important plot device, aside from the purely romantic appeal, and I am quite happy now, revisiting their first moments, seeing them longing and staying away... It's nice. But it's over, at the same time.
I'd have to politely disagree with S1/S2 writing, I really liked those seasons. S3 yes especially that Swire inheritance & Mary's baby problems (which were resolved quite easily). Maybe S2 (a bit) in the sense that Matthew recovers rather miraculously from what happened to him at war but overall the M/M moments that season were everything I wanted it to be.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.