View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 02:18 PM
ban1o
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)

Wrt the disproportionate representation of female stalkers in fiction, I think it's precisely because IRL it's almost always men stalking women, and it is so sinister and dangerous it can't be played at all lightly. We have too many horrific real world cases. You can play with the idea of a woman stalking a man in ways you cannot play with a man stalking a woman, because of the IRL threat level mismatch. With a male stalker, we know somebody's gonna get raped, tbqh. A female stalker is easier to just play as a crazy person. A male stalker is very unlikely to not be a sexual predator. You would have to establish him as asexual to get away with it, fixated upon her brilliance or something and not a sexual being, period.

Tftnt!
I completely agree .For female stalkers they can make it come across as funny and more light-hearted but male stalkers are usually just really creepy. It's double standard but it makes sense.

Quote:
They're clearly whispering to each other as they go in for the kiss but lol at the idea that he is going in for the kiss to accomplish the whisper, rather than whispering his way into the kiss. Are her ears down her throat?
yeah I thought the theory was weird too lol. but I'm pretty sure the kiss will get interrupted in some way. If it was a full kiss, I feel like it would have been showed in the promo in stead of just showing an "almost kiss"